Sunday, November 8, 2009

How I became a consistent blogger

It's been almost a month since I re-started my blog. Wasn't sure I'll be able to keep it up, but so far I am! I tried to figure out what is different this time around and came up with 3 main reasons that I want to share here. So here are my 3 tips for being successful in keeping a blog going:
1. Do it for the right reason - when I started blogging it was because I have read a lot about how important it is. Then I got busy and stopped writing. Now I am doing it because it's important but also because I enjoy it. It helps me arrange my thoughts and share with others what I want to say. It's much easier to keep up things you enjoy doing. If you're not having fun - don't do it.
2. Make a list of subjects - one of the main problems of keeping up a blog is that you don't know what to write about. You have to write frequently for the blog to appear active and interesting and you don't always have an idea at that particular moment. What I did is prepare a list of subjects that I want to write about. Every time I get another idea I add it to the list. So when I come to write a post, I have all the ideas in front of me and I never get stuck.
3. Decide on a logical frequency - I know that I am not able to write every day. So I decided I will write every 2-3 days for now. This is something I can handle and therefore I am less likely to give up on the whole thing. If you can only write once a week, it's ok. Just make sure you are consistent and that your readers know what to expect.
I know I've only been blogging for a short time and I'm not exactly an authority on blog writing and success, but these are the things that have helped me get this far. Hope these will help me continue and maybe even help others that want to write a blog and get stuck on the way.

2 comments:

Mama Mayborne... said...

i love your blog and i'm glad i found it on etsy!! thanks for the tips on blogging too!!

Daniellart said...

Thanks for the tips ,you have encouraged me a lot !
I am just starting to set up my blog.