Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Silver jewelry - unique and affordable


The reason I choose to work with sterling silver as my main material is that I want to achieve 3 goals:

1. To make creative and unique jewelry.

2. To make jewelry that will last.

3. To make affordable jewelry.

I feel that silver enables me to do this. It is a precious metal that will last for a long time and probably will always be in style and it is not as expensive as gold or other precious metals. Because of this I can have my artistic freedom to create really unique jewelry in different styles. I can experiment new design ideas while if I was working with a more expensive material I would probably stick to more conventional forms.

I think the same logic applies from a buyer's point of view, especially when you're buying gifts. You want to buy something that is unique but you also want it to last so you (or the gift receiver)can enjoy it for a long time, and you want it to be affordable so you can still afford to buy other stuff as well.
This is why I think silver jewelry is a really great gift to give an receive. Of course I might be a bit biased as I love jewelry so much.

You can see my various jewelry designs on my website

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.