Friday, November 7, 2008

I love discovering new techniques!


I've been creating jewelry for more than 20 years, first as a hobby and in the past 7 years as a professional artist. What I find amazing about my business is that after so many years of creating I can still discover new techniques and learn new ways to create jewelry completly different than I had done before.

Yesterday I was in a book store and I found a craft book about a new metal working technique that I have never tried before. I was facinated, as I am always when I discover a new technique. My mind got filled with ideas of what I could do with this new technique and how I can incorporate it into my jewelry.

As you can clearly see from my work, I love experimenting with new techniques. I love discovering new forms of creating and I love finding ways to combine them all together to create something completly new. I think my best designs are born from such combinations. Like my clouds collection where I combined crocheting techniques with different wire working techniques in what turned out to be one of my most popular and loved collections.

In the next few weeks I will be exploring and experimenting with my newest discovery untill I perfect my skill enough to start using it in my designs. This is definately one of my favorite parts in the creative process , I get to invent myself in each new collection I make! I know many artists like to stick to their art form, I love to change styles and create something completly new each time. It keeps my work interesting for me and (hopefully) it keeps those of you who like my designs curious to see what I'll do next.


No comments: